Sec. 158.25 - Applications.
(a) General. This section specifies the information to be submitted by a public agency when applying for the authority to impose a PFC and for the authority to use PFC revenue on a project. A public agency may apply for the authority to impose a PFC at any commercial service airport it controls to finance airport-related projects to be carried out at that airport or at any existing or proposed airport which the public agency controls. A public agency may apply for the authority to impose a PFC in advance of or concurrent with an application to use PFC revenue. Applications shall be submitted in a manner and form prescribed by the Administrator and shall include the information required under paragraphs (b) or (c), or both, of this section.
(b) Application for authority to impose a PFC. This paragraph sets forth the information to be submitted by all public agencies seeking authority to impose a PFC. A separate application shall be submitted for each airport at which a PFC is to be imposed. The application shall be signed by an authorized official of the public agency, and, unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, must include the following:
(1) The name and address of the public agency.
(2) The name and telephone number of the official submitting the application on behalf of the public agency.
(3) The official name of the airport at which the PFC is to be imposed.
(4) The official name of the airport at which a project is proposed.
(5) A copy of the airport capital plan or other documentation of planned improvements for each airport at which a PFC financed project is proposed.
(6) A description of each project proposed.
(7) The project justification, including the extent to which the project achieves one or more of the objectives set forth in §158.15(a) and (if a PFC level above $3 is requested) the requirements of §158.17. In addition --
(i) For any project for terminal development, including gates and related areas, the public agency shall discuss any existing conditions that limit competition between and among air carriers and foreign air carriers at the airport, any initiatives it proposes to foster opportunities for enhanced competition between and among such carriers, and the expected results of such initiatives; or
(ii) For any terminal development project at a covered airport, the public agency shall submit a competition plan in accordance with §158.19.
(8) The charge to be imposed for each project.
(9) The proposed charge effective date.
(10) The estimated charge expiration date.
(11) A summary of consultation with air carriers and foreign air carriers operating at the airport, including --
(i) A list of such carriers and those notified;
(ii) A list of carriers that acknowledged receipt of the notice provided §158.23(a);
(iii) Lists of carriers that certified agreement and that certified disagreement with the project; and
(iv) A summary of substantive comments by carriers contained in any certifications of disagreement with the project, and the public agency's reasons for proceeding.
(12) If the public agency is also filing a request under §158.11 --
(i) The request;
(ii) A copy of the information provided to the carriers under §158.23(a)(3);
(iii) A copy of the carriers' comments with respect to such information;
(iv) A list of any class or classes of carriers that would not be required to collect a PFC if the request is approved; and
(v) The public agency's reasons for submitting the request in the face of any opposing comments.
(13) A copy of information regarding the financing of the project presented to the carriers and foreign air carriers under §158.23 of this part and as revised during consultation.
(14) For an application not accompanied by a concurrent application for authority to use PFC revenue:
(i) A description of any alternative methods being considered by the public agency to accomplish the objectives of the project;
(ii) A description of alternative uses of the PFC revenue to ensure such revenue will be used only on eligible projects in the event the proposed project is not approved;
(iii) A timetable with projected dates for completion of project formulation activities and submission of an application to use PFC revenue; and
(iv) A projected date of project implementation and completion.
(15) A signed statement certifying that the public agency will comply with the assurances set forth in Appendix A to this part.
(16) Such additional information as the Administrator may require.
(c) Application for authority to use PFC revenue. A public agency may use PFC revenue only for projects approved under this paragraph. This paragraph sets forth the information that a public agency shall submit, unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, when applying for the authority to use PFC revenue to finance specific projects.
(1) An application submitted concurrently with an application for the authority to impose a PFC, must include:
(i) The information required under paragraphs (b) (1) through (13) of this section;
(ii) A signed certification that --
(A) For projects required to be shown on an ALP, the ALP depicting the project has been approved by the FAA and the date of such approval;
(B) All environmental reviews required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) of 1969 have been completed and a copy of the final FAA environmental determination with respect to the project has been approved, and the date of such approval, if such determination is required; and
(C) The final FAA airspace determination with respect to the project has been completed, and the date of such determination, if an airspace study is required.
(iii) The estimated project implementation date, schedule and completion date; and
(iv) The information required by §158.25(b)(15) and (16).
(2) An application where the authority to impose a PFC has previously been approved --
(i) Shall be preceded by further consultation with air carriers and foreign air carriers as set forth under §158.23 of this part, except that the meeting required under §158.23(a)(4) is optional; and
(ii) Shall include, in addition to a summary of further consultation conducted under paragraph (c)(2)(i) of this section, the following, updated and revised where appropriate --
(A) The information required by paragraphs (b) (1), (2), (4), (5), (6), (7), (10) and (13) of this section;
(B) The information required by paragraph (c)(1)(ii) of this section; and
(C) The information required by paragraphs (b) (15) and (16) of this section.
[Doc. No. 26385, 56 FR 24278, May 29, 1991; 56
FR 37127, Aug. 2, 1991; Amdt. 158-2, 65 FR 34542, May 30, 2000]