Sec. 145.33 - Limited ratings.
(a) Whenever the Administrator finds it
appropriate, he may issue a limited rating to a domestic repair station
that maintains or alters only a particular type of airframe, powerplant,
propeller, radio, instrument, or accessory, or parts thereof, or performs
only specialized maintenance requiring equipment and skills not ordinarily
found in regular repair stations. Such a rating may be limited to a
specific model aircraft, engine, or constituent part, or to any number of
parts made by a particular manufacturer.
(b) Limited ratings are issued for --
(1) Airframes of a particular make and
(2) Engines of a particular make and
(3) Propellers of a particular make and
(4) Instruments of a particular make and
(5) Radio equipment of a particular make
(6) Accessories of a particular make and
(7) Landing gear components;
(8) Floats, by make;
(9) Nondestructive inspection, testing,
(10) Emergency equipment;
(11) Rotor blades, by make and model;
(12) Aircraft fabric work; and
(13) Any other purpose for which the
Administrator finds the applicant's request is appropriate.
(c) For a limited rating for specialized
services, the operations specifications of the station shall contain the
specification used in performing that specialized service. The
specification may either be a civil or military one that is currently used
by industry and approved by the Administrator or one developed by the
applicant and approved by the Administrator.