Sec. 139.205 - Contents of airport certification
(a) Each airport certification manual
required by this part shall include operating procedures, facilities and
equipment descriptions, responsibility assignments, and any other
information needed by personnel concerned with operating the airport in
order to comply with --
(1) The provisions of subpart D of this
(2) Any limitations which the
Administrator finds necessary in the public interest.
(b) In complying with paragraph (a) of
this section, the airport certification manual must include at least the
(1) Lines of succession of airport
(2) Each current exemption issued to the
airport from the requirements of this part.
(3) Any limitations imposed by the
(4) A grid map or other means of
identifying locations and terrain features on and around the airport which
are significant to emergency operations.
(5) The system of runway and taxiway
(6) The location of each obstruction
required to be lighted or marked within the airport's area of authority.
(7) A description of each movement area
available for air carriers and its safety areas and each road described in
§139.319(k) that serves it.
(8) Procedures for avoidance of
interruption or failure during construction work of utilities serving
facilities or navaids which support air carrier operations.
(9) Procedures for maintaining the paved
areas as required by §139.305.
(10) Procedures for maintaining the
unpaved areas as required by §139.307.
(11) Procedures for maintaining the
safety areas as required by §139.309.
(12) A description of, and procedures
for maintaining, the marking and lighting systems as required by §139.311.
(13) A snow and ice control plan as
required by §139.313.
(14) A description of the facilities,
equipment, personnel, and procedures for meeting the rescue and
firefighting requirements in §§139.317 and 139.319.
(15) Procedures for complying with the
requirements of §139.321 relating to hazardous substances and materials.
(16) A description of, and procedures
for maintaining, the traffic and wind direction indicators required by
(17) An emergency plan as required by
(18) Procedures for conducting the
self-inspection program as required by §139.327.
(19) Procedures for controlling ground
vehicles as required by §139.329.
(20) Procedures for obstruction removal,
marking, or lighting as required by §139.331.
(21) Procedures for protection of
navaids as required by §139.333.
(22) A description of public protection
as required by §139.335.
(23) A wildlife hazard management plan
as required by §139.337.
(24) Procedures for airport condition
reporting as required by §139.339.
(25) Procedures for identifying,
marking, and reporting construction and other unserviceable areas as
required by §139.341.
(26) Any other item which the
Administrator finds is necessary in the public interest.
[Doc. No. 24812, 52 FR 44282, Nov. 18,
1987; 53 FR 4119 and 4258, Feb. 12, 1988]