Sec. 139.213 - Contents of airport certification
(a) The airport certification
specifications required by this part shall include operating procedures,
facilities and equipment descriptions, responsibility assignments, and any
other information needed by personnel concerned with operating the airport
in order to comply with --
(1) The following provisions of subpart
D of this part:
(i) Section 139.301 Inspection
(ii) Section 139.303 Personnel.
(iii) Section 139.305 Paved areas.
(iv) Section 139.307 Unpaved areas.
(v) Section 139.309 Safety areas.
(vi) Section 139.311 Marking and
(vii) Section 139.339 Airport condition
(2) Any other provisions of subpart D of
this part, and any limitations, which the Administrator finds necessary in
the public interest.
(b) In complying with paragraph (a) of
this section, the airport certification specifications shall include at
least the following elements:
(1) Lines of succession of airport
(2) Each current exemption issued to the
airport from the requirements of this part.
(3) Any limitations imposed by the
(4) The system of runway and taxiway
(5) The location of each obstruction
required to be lighted or marked within the airport's area of authority.
(6) A description of each movement area
available for air carriers and its safety areas.
(7) Procedures for maintaining the paved
areas as required by §139.305.
(8) Procedures for maintaining the
unpaved areas as required by §139.307.
(9) Procedures for maintaining the
safety areas as required by §139.309.
(10) A description of, and procedures
for maintaining, the marking and lighting systems as required by §139.311.
(11) A description of the facilities,
equipment, personnel, and procedures for emergency response to aircraft
rescue and firefighting needs.
(12) Procedures for safety in storing
and handling of hazardous substances and materials.
(13) A description of, and procedures
for maintaining, any traffic and wind direction indicators on the airport.
(14) A description of the procedures
used for conducting self-inspections of the airport.
(15) Procedures and responsibilities for
airport condition reporting as required by §139.339.
(16) Procedures for compliance with any
other provisions of subpart D of this part, and any limitations, which the
Administrator finds necessary in the public interest.