Sec. 139.339 - Airport condition reporting.
(a) Each certificate holder shall
provide for the collection and dissemination of airport condition
information to air carriers.
(b) In complying with paragraph (a) of
this section, the certificate holder shall utilize the NOTAM system and,
as appropriate, other systems and procedures acceptable to the
(c) In complying with paragraph (a) of
this section, the certificate holder shall provide information on the
following airport conditions which may affect the safe operations of air
(1) Construction or maintenance activity
on movement areas, safety areas, or loading ramps and parking areas.
(2) Surface irregularities on movement
areas or loading ramps and parking areas.
(3) Snow, ice, slush, or water on the
movement area or loading ramps and parking areas.
(4) Snow piled or drifted on or near
movement areas contrary to §139.313.
(5) Objects on the movement area or
safety areas contrary to §139.309.
(6) Malfunction of any lighting system
required by §139.311.
(7) Unresolved wildlife hazards as
identified in accordance with §139.337.
(8) Nonavailability of any rescue and
firefighting capability required in §§139.317 and 139.319.
(9) Any other condition as specified in
the airport certification manual or airport certification specifications,
or which may otherwise adversely affect the safe operations of air
(d) FAA Advisory Circulars in the 150
series contain standards and procedures for using the NOTAM system for
dissemination of airport information which are acceptable to the
[Doc. No. 24812, 52 FR 44282, Nov. 18, 1987; 53
FR 4258, Feb. 12, 1988]