Sec. 135.349 - Flight attendants: Initial and transition
Initial and transition ground training for flight attendants must include instruction in at least the following --
(a) General subjects --
(1) The authority of the pilot in command; and
(2) Passenger handling, including procedures to be followed in handling deranged persons or other persons whose conduct might jeopardize safety.
(b) For each aircraft type --
(1) A general description of the aircraft emphasizing physical characteristics that may have a bearing on ditching, evacuation, and inflight emergency procedures and on other related duties;
(2) The use of both the public address system and the means of communicating with other flight crewmembers, including emergency means in the case of attempted hijacking or other unusual situations; and
(3) Proper use of electrical galley equipment and the controls for cabin heat and ventilation.