(a) Each person requesting an authorization under §§105.21(b) and
105.25(a)(2) of this part and each person submitting a notification under
§105.25(a)(3) of this part must provide the following information (on an
individual or group basis):
(1) The date and time the parachute operation will begin.
(2) The radius of the drop zone around the target expressed in nautical
(3) The location of the center of the drop zone in relation to --
(i) The nearest VOR facility in terms of the VOR radial on which it is
located and its distance in nautical miles from the VOR facility when that
facility is 30 nautical miles or less from the drop zone target; or
(ii) the nearest airport, town, or city depicted on the appropriate
Coast and Geodetic Survey World Aeronautical Chart or Sectional
Aeronautical Chart, when the nearest VOR facility is more than 30 nautical
miles from the drop zone target.
(4) Each altitude above mean sea level at which the aircraft will be
operated when parachutists or objects exist the aircraft.
(5) The duration of the intended parachute operation.
(6) The name, address, and telephone number of the person who requests
the authorization or gives notice of the parachute operation.
(7) The registration number of the aircraft to be used.
(8) The name of the air traffic control facility with jurisdiction of
the airspace at the first intended exit altitude to be used for the
(b) Each holder of a certificate of authorization issued under
§§105.21(b) and 105.25(b) of this part must present that certificate for
inspection upon the request of the Administrator or any Federal, State, or
(c) Each person requesting an authorization under §§105.21(b) and
105.25(a)(2) of this part and each person submitting a notice under
§105.25(a)(3) of this part must promptly notify the air traffic control
facility having jurisdiction over the affected airspace if the proposed or
scheduled parachute operation is canceled or postponed.