An applicant for a master parachute rigger certificate must meet the
(a) Present evidence satisfactory to the Administrator that he has had
at least 3 years of experience as a parachute rigger and has
satisfactorily packed at least 100 parachutes of each of two types in
common use, in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions --
(1) While a certificated and appropriately rated senior parachute
(2) While under the supervision of a certificated and appropriately
rated parachute rigger or a person holding appropriate military ratings.
An applicant may combine experience specified in paragraphs (a) (1) and
(2) of this section to meet the requirements of this paragraph.
(b) If the applicant is not the holder of a senior parachute rigger
certificate, pass a written test, with respect to parachutes in common
use, on --
(1) Their construction, packing, and maintenance;
(2) The manufacturer's instructions; and
(3) The regulations of this subpart.
(c) Pass an oral and practical test showing his ability to pack and
maintain two types of parachutes in common use, appropriate to the type
ratings he seeks.