No person may act as an air traffic control tower operator at any
operating position unless he has passed a practical test on --
(a) Control tower equipment and its use;
(b) Weather reporting procedures and use of reports;
(c) Notices to Airmen, and use of the Airman's Information Manual;
(d) Use of operational forms;
(e) Performance of noncontrol operational duties; and
(f) Each of the following procedures that is applicable to that
operating position and is required by the person performing the
(1) The airport, including rules, equipment, runways, taxiways, and
(2) The terrain features, visual checkpoints, and obstructions within
the lateral boundaries of the surface areas of Class B, Class C, Class D,
or Class E airspace designated for the airport.
(3) Traffic patterns and associated procedures for use of preferential
runways and noise abatement.
(4) Operational agreements.
(5) The center, alternate airports, and those airways, routes,
reporting points, and air navigation aids used for terminal air traffic
(6) Search and rescue procedures.
(7) Terminal air traffic control procedures and phraseology.
(8) Holding procedures, prescribed instrument approach, and departure
(9) Radar alignment and technical operation.
(10) The application of the prescribed radar and nonradar separation
standard, as appropriate.