Sec. 29.361 - Engine torque.
The limit engine torque may not be less than the following:
(a) For turbine engines, the highest of --
(1) The mean torque for maximum continuous power multiplied by 1.25;
(2) The torque required by §29.923;
(3) The torque required by §29.927; or
(4) The torque imposed by sudden engine stoppage due to malfunction or structural failure (such as compressor jamming).
(b) For reciprocating engines, the mean torque for maximum continuous power multiplied by --
(1) 1.33, for engines with five or more cylinders; and
(2) Two, three, and four, for engines with four, three, and two cylinders, respectively.
[Amdt. 29-26, 53 FR 34215, Sept. 2, 1988]