Sec. 21.231 - Applicability.
This subpart prescribes procedures for --
(a) Obtaining and using a delegation option authorization for type, production, and airworthiness certification (as applicable) of --
(1) Small airplanes and small gliders;
(2) Commuter category airplanes;
(3) Normal category rotorcraft;
(4) Turbojet engines of not more than 1,000 pounds thrust;
(5) Turbopropeller and reciprocating engines of not more than 500 brake horsepower; and
(6) Propellers manufactured for use on engines covered by paragraph (a)(4) of this section; and
(b) Issuing airworthiness approval tags for engines, propellers, and parts of products covered by paragraph (a) of this section.
[Amdt. 21-5, 30 FR 11375, Sept. 8, 1965, as
amended by Amdt. 21-59, 52 FR 1836, Jan. 15, 1987]