Set up an erection and flight test facility in late 1915 ,using premises
previously occupied by Hamble River Engineering/Luke & Co.
Most of the floatplanes produced by the
company during and after WW1 were erected and test-flown at Hamble,the
last were the Seafox prototypes built in 1936. However ,12 years later, as
Fairey Marine, the company built two Fairey Primers here. Initially the
intention was to build ten, but the remaining eight were not completed.