flight training requirements
In order to qualify for
the issue of a JAR PPL(H), a student must complete the following:
1. A minimum of 45 hours flight
training*, at least 10 of which must be solo, in accordance with a JAR
(Joint Aviation Requirement) recognized syllabus.
*(This may be reduced by up to 6 hours if
you hold a valid PPL(A).
2. Complete theoretical knowledge
Air Law & Operational Procedures, Human Performance & Limitations,
Navigation & Radio Aids, Meteorology, Aircraft (General) & Priciples of
Flight, Flight Performance & Planning.
3. Obtain a JAR medical before
4. Pass a radio communications
5. Pass flight tests on Navigation
and General Handling.
You must be 17 before
applying for a license, and 16 before going solo.